Skip to main content

God Has Never Failed Me :)

February 10, 2017 (Today Last Year)

It was a Thursday morning, woke up around 9/10am. I had a 11-1pm class, Marketing Internship.

I took a shower and prepared brunch because I was not in the mood to buy lunch at school or anywhere for that matter. I got dressed and all ready for class. Took a bottle of water and headed to the bus stop. On my way there, I felt a lil weird. I couldn't really tell what was up. It was very hot, I remember the heat. 

The bus came and I was on my way to school. It took 10-15 minutes from our apartments to school, provided there is no traffic. I was always 15 minutes early for class, they taught us well about time management. When I arrived in class I just knew, I was not going to concentrate because I was really not feeling well. I couldn't miss class because we were meeting our client whom we were designing a logo and other marketing strategies, so it was an IMPORTANT DAY TO BE IN CLASS THAT DAY. I decided to record the whole session with my phome cause my brain was out. My body was in class but my mind was somewhere else, I really didn't understand what was happening with myself.

When the class ended, I decided to take a nap at the school bench before I head back home. I slept for close to an hour. When I woke up, I was far worse than before. I got a lil scared and I asked God to help me. I just started walking and my aim was to head to the bus stop, but I went a different way. A school councilor saw me walking with my head down. And she asked me if I'm okay, knowing me I would've said yes. But I was honest and said no, I couldn't lie at all!! I told her that I just want to sit down I'm really not feeling well. She walked me to the nearest chair, and I sat down. I felt my body getting weaker and weaker. I asked her if I could just lay down on the ground. After lying down I don't remember what else happened. 

I remember waking up in hospital, with my Doctor on the side of the bed. I've never been so clueless ever. Waking up confused not knowing what just happened and how did I lend there. Few minutes later received a text from someone and she said she was coming to see me. 

Doctors came in, nurses came in and did some tests of what I have no idea. Few minutes later, she walked. I was glad to finally see a familiar face, I asked her what happened? Who took off my clothes? Why am I here. Few minutes later Megan walked in, I was thrilled to see another familiar face. This was me in my head "another episode oh gosh KG". I really felt bad, really bad. But this seemed more serious than the other episodes. I thanked them both for being there, I was finally being discharged and I also couldn't wait to see my housemates and just being in my bed.

So, that episode was a seizure, abnormal brain cell activity, electric something (I can't find medical records to really explain what happened).... It was scary and very disturbing to me. It took a while to adjust trying to remember what happened. I was also being reminded about who came to visit me, but I honestly don't remember seeing anyone. 

I thank God, for His protection it could've been worse. But He made sure that in everything I went through He was there to heal me, protect me and be there for me. Each time I was sick I really thought it was bad luck, I asked myself so many questions if was going to the US a mistake. What is this!!!! I couldn't tell my family, I hate worrying people and being so far I couldn't bare to tell them what was happening. That I've literally been in and out of hospital since October 2016-April 2017. Many times I just wanted to give up and fly back home.

But everyday I was reminded GIRL GOD IS THERE. GIRL PRAY. GIRL YOU ARE STRONG. GIRL YOU DIDN'T COME SO FAR TO GIVE UP. devil has no power. I pushed through as crazy as it was. I pushed myself a lot. I also mingled myself with great people, my support system they also kept me going. I appreciate their love and gesture. My houswmates, prayer warriors. 

United States of America was very interesting those who were around me can testify. Being very sick in a foreign country is not cool at all. We all went through the most. But one thing for sure I can conquer anything that comes my way. I am stronger than ever. 

#Warrior
#StillStanding
#StillIRise
#Testimony
#ChildOfGod
#IntenseGrowth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Parents: Taking Sides :)

In continuation…. So here I was, just under 10 having to deal with a broken family that I still couldn’t stick together. You question your birth when you see your parents arguing. “Would they still be arguing if I wasn’t born”, these are actual normal questions more especially if you the only child and have no sibling to share the experience(s) with. It’s quite tricky, one minute I wanted siblings some days I didn’t. There is a saying I once heard “somethings should stay in the bedroom” and in this instinct, I WISH THAT HAPPENED. It was rather awkward at times because I had no idea what the argument was about, I think that’s why I always wanted to study Psychology (even though it didn’t happen) but I feel like I have psychology skills within me. I wanted to work around the human brain, to see and analyse how thoughts form in somebody’s mind. Where do you look when they suddenly throw tantrums at each other, smile? wave? Was I supposed to run to my mother? my father? What was

What Keeps Me Going :)

It was a Monday evening March 26 th , 2012 I took an oath that God will be the King of My heart, A Father and my sense of comfort. I was with Prayer Warriors at church and they prayed for me so much that day it was the beginning of my born-again journey. A few months after my mother’s death, I stopped going to church. I was so angry at God, I didn’t want anything to do with Him. I was that grandchild that used to attend church during Easter only, so that was once a year and for many years I did that. I never prayed, I never read the Bible, but I knew one scripture that got stuck with me till today John 3:16 “For God loved the world so much that He gave His Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him may not die but have eternal life”. I believed God existed, but I didn’t understand why would He take my mother away from me, why would He hurt me so much, did He enjoy seeing me cry at her funeral day. I was very angry, I couldn’t even describe the feeling to anyone. Years wen

A phone call that changed my life :)

“Don’t you want to Study abroad”? Is the question that changed EVERYTHING. I hesitated with my “YES” answer and honestly speaking I was not thinking clear about it at all but I left it all in God’s hands. It was 2014, I was introduced to Community College Initiative Program CCIP) funded by the Department of State. All I knew was that RAYAC (church organization for young adults in AME) was telling us about it. During that year we attended a workshop, which was explaining more about the program; all the requirements, what is needed etc. But we arrived very late, so I didn’t really get much information. Community College Initiative (CCI) Program is administered by the Community College Consortium. CCI candidates are nominated for participation by the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or the Fulbright Commission in eligible countries.   November 2015, same question “Don’t you want to Study abroad in America”? This time, my answer was totally different to the previ